May 15, 2012

My First Baby's Birth Story...

I obviously have been pretty busy lately that I haven't had a chance to post anything.  Some of my friends that I haven't seen yet keep asking me about my labor and delivery.  My response is that its better told in person... which it is.  BUT... I did email one of my friends the story (I wasn't going to see her anytime soon).  Let me go ahead and cut and paste that portion of the email here for anyone who is curious... LOL!

Let's see... it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but it was worth every second.  I actually started feeling contractions on Saturday evening around 6pm.  I tried to wait it out... but ended up going to the hospital at 2am that night.  (We made a pit stop at Jack in the Box, of course! HAHA)  They monitored me and my contractions were already 2 minutes apart... BUT... I was still at 1 centimeter.  SO... they sent me home at 5am.  I was pisst because the contractions were so close together and they were getting stronger, but they sent me home anyway.  I tried to get some sleep (but couldn't) when I got home that morning.  I just laid there in bed waiting.  At 11am, my water broke... ALL... OVER... my... bed!  My first thought was, "oh hell no!  This is going to ruin my mattress and my new mattress topper thing!"  LOL!  So before I even rushed to the bathroom, I tore off all the sheets and tried to save my bed!  Whew!  Then, I ran to the bathroom with Sam following and cleaning up after me.  It was gross!! I showered and then we headed back to the hospital right away (but made another pit stop at Jack in the Box again. LOL).  Contractions kept on coming... stronger and stronger.  It was to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore so I asked them for the epidural.  I was only at 1 cm still, so they didn't give it to me and made me wait some more.  I was so mad!  I was laboring some more and trying to do stuff to make myself dilate.  By 6pm, I was still at 1cm!  WTF!  They upped the pitocin (sp?) so that I would contract.  I contracted alright... so badly and it hurt like hell! At 9pm, I was STILL at 1cm!  WTF!  I should have taken your advice and did the you know what because that might have helped me dilate faster.  HAHA!  I couldn't stand it though... I was in so much pain and insisted that they gave me the epidural.  I was seriously crying because it hurt so bad!  So... they gave me the magic juice... best thing ever invented!  I LOVE IT!  It kicked in pretty fast and I was feeling good so I tried to get some rest but couldn't because nurses kept on coming in to check up on my because my blood pressure and heart rate were being kind of weird.  Anyway... by 2am, I was finally at 3 centimeters.  I was like... THAT's IT?  Oh well... at least it's progress.  I was starting to feel numb on my left side.  Apparently, the epidural was going to one side more than the other.  :(  By 5am, they said that it wasn't safe to give me much more or else it would take days for me to feel my left side again.  So... no more epidural and I was starting to feel all of my contractions again!  :(  By 7:30am, they finally checked me (they didn't check me sooner because I was progressing so slowly) and when they did, I was 10 centimeters plus 2... so it was definitely time to push!  They got me all ready to go and they said that they could see the baby's head.  No wonder I was in so much pain and was nearly screaming... and crying!  I was shaking with every contraction.  They were waiting for my doctor who was in surgery, but they had me practice pushing.  So... I did.  They asked me if I wanted a mirror and I was like... HELL NO!  Then they told me that many people use it as motivation to push harder.  Okay fine... bring on the mirror!  HUGE mirror at the bottom of the bed... I saw everything!  With my practice pushes, I saw his head.... his hair!  I knew it was close, so I kept pushing harder... crying because I felt ALL the pain because I couldn't get any more epidural.  (Can we say that I did it naturally then since there really wasn't any more epidural)  I pushed so hard that they made me stop practicing my pushes until the doctor got there.  I was pisst!  Finally, the doctor came and I started pushing again.... and then he came out and met me for the very first time at 10:44am on Monday!  I started crying my eyes out!  They put him on me while he was all dirty, but I didn't care... I was kissing him over and over!  He cried for about 3 seconds but once he was on my chest, he stopped crying and was looking up at me!  :)  I looked over and saw Sam wiping his tears!  It was the best moment of my life!  I tore pretty badly... and I walk funny now.  HAHA!  Anyway... that's my story!  LOL

 YUP!  So there goes my story.  Obviously, I was emailing a friend so it was pretty informal and I talked to her the way that I usually would.

8 lbs, 9 oz - 22 inches long
BIG FEET like his Momma!
My HAIRY baby!

My sweetheart... love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment