February 25, 2007

Thankful...

There are many things and many people in our lives that we take for granted. We look at ourselves and think that we live a tough life in this cold and unjust world. We complain about the little bumps and ditches we have to face on our way to pursue our ideal "happiness". We think to ourselves, "life sucks" and wish that we can get another drawing for our predetermined lives, failing to realize that we could possibly be even more unpleased with that draw. Sometimes I get selfish and think that my fate is unfair. I forget that as bad as I may have it at the moment, there is always someone who has it worse.

Be thankful that by the end of the day, there is still a roof over our heads... a shirt on our backs... and food in our stomachs. We forget that there are hungry people out there who only wish they had the food that we despise and discard. People who would appreciate the sheds in our backyards which we neglect to call their "home". Many times we take these things for granted because we are so accustomed to it and know that its there. And again, we forget that no matter how rough it may seem at the moment, there are many people who have it worse. Be grateful.

Count your blessings.

I count mine. And when I do, I count my loved ones twice. Thats a whole lot of counting, but I'd do it over and over with no complaints. No words in the dictionary can possibly express my gratitude for them. Their guidance and love has helped me grow over the past few years in more ways than one. Their understanding and support is what got me through the rough times that now I see as good times. Good times because its in the past and a time that I have learned a bit of knowledge and experience from, which I carry with me to this day and will continue to do so until the end of this journey that I call life. People come, people go... but there are certain ones that will always stay and hold a place in your heart.

Sometimes I sit there and recollect the times I labeled as "tough times" and remember everyone that was there to knock some sense into me, support me, and made me smile. I remember a handful... and I know that the handful are still here for me today, and tomorrow. Therefore, I am blessed. I am lucky... VERY lucky.

People wonder why I smile so much. If only they knew or had the blessings I do, they wouldn't be able to hold back their smiles either. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment