September 17, 2009

Cooking Fun!

I love learning new things! Wait... let me rephrase that... I love learning new recipes!

I love having my own kitchen and being able to get buck wild in there by myself! HAHA... that didn't sound right, but you know what I mean!?! I love how everything is in place where I would like for it to be and I know where everything is. AND... no one puts it in the wrong place or just leaves it hangin' around. Sam's pretty good at cleaning up after himself in the kitchen (thank goodness).

I don't know if I am loving or hating the fact that I am turning into a real wife! I mean... I know that I'm a wife, but doing all these stereotypical wifey tasks was something that I didn't think I'd really adapt to, but I am. I like knowing that I am taking care of someone... especially of someone that I love. :)

Mike is in town and we are probably going to meet up tonight for dinner since he wants to meet my Hubby. He asked me last night (while Sam was next to me) if my Husband's the crazy jealous type. Sam said, "No, but my gun is". Haha... he's psycho! I was hoping that Judy would be down here too, but she's not. :( They live in SF and couldn't make it down to my wedding due to schedule constraints. To be honest, the less friends I had at my LB wedding, the better. If you saw my hair and makeup that was "professionally" done by the dimwit, you would agree with me. I mean... I ended up having a great time with the friends and family that were there. BUT... I just feel like it could have been a lot better if I was a happier (and prettier) Bride. Oh well... done and over with, right?

Job searching is sooooooooooooo frustrating. Ugh! I am really starting to think that working for someone else isn't in my future. HAHA... okay thats definitely a bit too ambitious of a statement to make at the moment, but I can dream, right? I'm taking some time to sit back and brainstorm of all the possibilities and paths that I can follow. I need to put all my ideas and plans in writing and in my words, "do the damn thang"!

It looks like Sam and I wouldn't be able to go on the Laughlin trip with the gang this year. Sam's schedule is a bit crazy and there's really nothing he can do at the moment to change it. Thank goodness he's not working nights anymore though... I would drive myself nuts! He doesn't even know if he can make it to my Family Reunion in November! :( Its okay though... I know he's doing so much for us and OUR Family. When I say our Family, I mean just him and I. Its nice. :) I miss hanging out with our friends though. We should definitely set a date to just hang out like old times... but its just hard because everyone's so busy (except for me... haha).

I still haven't gone through all of our wedding pictures yet! I've posted some on my KC page, but there are literally thousands of pictures that I need to go through. Its overwhelming. I should really get on that so that I can choose the ones for our photobooks and get some printed and enlarged for our place. Our walls are still so bare... its sad. BUT... it is starting to get crowded with all the furniture and knick knacks that I keep buying. I briefly went through some of the pictures and already with that, I had 1,048 pictures printed for my Parents. I didn't even see them because I had them mailed straight home. Now my Mom is nagging me to print more for her because friends and family came over and took all THEIR pictures. Dammit! I know that I should, but MAN! With shipping and all, I already spent about $140 on those pictures... and thats not even half of it. And now they want MORE!?! Holy cow... if only the pictures grew on trees! Wait... does that make sense? Oh well!

For anyone who hasn't seen them, here's our slideshow from our Washington wedding: http://lokinthemoment.com/mikal/ThydaSam/

The pictures from the Long Beach wedding are ready... we just need to go choose them. I don't know how we are going to choose only 100 photos when I think I am going to want ALL of them. No matter how ugly I looked, I would still like the memories... especially the pictures of my friends and family. Even at $1.50 for each additional photo... I have a feeling I'm going to want hundreds of extras on top of the 100. The photographer took a lot of photos that night (I had my eye on him... hehe). I am thinking of just having Sam and his Mom go choose the pictures because I really can't decide. Okay no... bad idea. o_O

Sam just texted me to thank me for the breakfast sandwich and it was really yummy. YAY! He's cute. This morning, he stopped me to thank me for all that I've done and tell me that he appreciates me. He never fails to thank me for all the little things, but it just doesn't get old and its nice to know that your efforts are noticed and appreciated. It makes me want to do MORE. Okay... I shouldn't tell him that.

Tomorrow is Jackie's birthday. Sovina and I are on a mission to bake her a cake! BUT... I think cupcakes would be more fun! Plus... we wouldn't have to worry about plates and forks and a knife and all that junk. I'm excited! Sovina's never baked a cake before... and I am trying to remember if I have ever done it alone before. HAHA! She and I are so not good for each other. The other day, we ended up looking for each other... at two totally different stores! We're not airheads... we just get so excited that we forget to mention the important details like to specify which Target! Seriously, we were so confused because we were texting and check this out....

Sovina: i ran inside 2 go use the rr, be out in 3 mins! :)
Thyda: Lol kay! I'm inside too now. :D
Sovina: did we miss each other or something because i just walked out
Thyda: oh sorry! i didn't pay attention. looking at hangers in the cute dollar section!
Sovina: i was just in the hanger aisle, u playing hide n go seek?
Thyda: ohhhh! i'm not in the aisle, i'm in the front area. k lemme go find u!
Thyda: in hangers aisle... i don't see you!
Sovina: i'm right here!

DUDE. Thats when I HAD to call her and realized that we both can't be in the hangers aisle and miss each other. Lightbulb moment and asked her which one she was at and BOOM! Two totally different Targets! HAHAHA! Horrible! AND... when we were together in Vegas (the other girls were sleeping in and we walked the strip), we both got suckered into giving this guy $20 each! Two gullible girls should not be alone together... especially when strangers asking for money are involved! Now... how are we going to bake Jackie's cake with just the two of us? I'll keep you posted! ;) Have a date with her tonight to find our outfits for the party! Our boys (Sam and Jordan) are both stressin' because they don't know what to wear to a cocktail party. Haha... sucks for them! Sam's giving up a Poker Friday to hang out with me at my friend's birthday party! YAY! You don't understand... giving up a Poker Friday night is a big deal to me! LOL!

Alright... no more foolin' around on my blog or Facebook... time to get some things done! I told myself I was going back to sleep after Sam left, but that never happens! Ugh. He'll be back at 4pm and thats my date with Sovi. I am going to try to get us to go to bed early from now on. Last night falling asleep at nearly 2am and waking up at 6:30am is NOT cutting it! Sign of old age: love for sleep grew stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment