October 27, 2010

I Don't Wanna Grow Up!

The other day, my Husband had a golf date with some of our friends.  I wasn't feeling to well that day and cancelled my plans, but decided to go hang out with the group since the lovely Wives were going to hang out too.  They had Boiling Crab (those suckas) without us!  Its okay though because I really thought I was going to be busy and in L.A. that day and Hubbs and I already had a yummy lunch made by yours truly.  :)  Anyway, we met up at the golf course and our plan was to ride around in the golf cart and catch up while the guys play.  Sounds like a good plan, right?  But HECK NO are we going to spend $12 a person just to ride around on a golf course.  You know what we can do with $36? LOL! 

Anyway, it was so nice to catch up with the girls.  I feel like I haven't seen or talked to them in so long and there is always so much to catch up on.  What I can tell you is that between us, there is no such thing as "T.M.I.".  We sat there and talked for a couple hours with the Man working at the golf course giving us these glares that made me feel unwelcome.  Oh well, it makes me want to stay there even more and longer!

When Sam texted me saying that he was on the last hole, we tried to plot a little prank on the guys.  We had ALL of the car keys, so I thought it would be funny to move the car across the street and watch for their reaction when they come back and found their cars missing.  BUT... we were all too lazy to do all that... too much work!  So... we decided to write them sweet little notes instead.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of the note, but as usual, I left my camera at home.  I didn't leave the pen and notepad though... it was very handy!  The note read a little something like,

"If you want your keys, drop down and give me 10 push ups!  I can see you, so give me REAL push ups!"

We tried to hide around the buildings near that parking lot and watched them walk slowly to the car.  We were so nervous... a bunch of grown ass women hiding around a community building trying to play hide and seek with their husbands.  WTF?  It was definitely a sight to see, though.  We tried to watch for their reactions, but there wasn't a way to do so without getting caught.  I tried to peek as much as I could.  Eventually, we got caught with one of the guys running one direction and another one trapping us at the other end.  HILARIOUS!  I have a feeling that the boys are going to try to get us back, so I am definitely going to watch my back around them from now on.  Taking precautions like... making sure we have the keys at all times when we hang out.  ;)

Its times like these when I DON'T WANNA GROW UP!  I love my friends!

Ended the night with dinner at this place called Thiptara.  None of us have been there, so we wanted to give it a try.  The food was pretty good... I highly recommend the Phad Thai and the Pomegranate Margarita.  Definitely going back here... especially when the prices are pretty darn good.  Wish we could have hung out more, but I was pooped and had an early start the next morning.  C.J. really wanted us to come out that night for his birthday, but I just couldn't do it knowing that I had to leave the house around 5:30am the following morning for a day long photoshoot.  We owe him dinner and a drink.  Its about time we reunite though.

I had a great weekend with my lovely friends here in California.  I must say that I am adjusting here pretty well.  Things are certainly looking up for me.

*hugs*

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you had fun..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a blast! I'm forever young! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg...I felt like we were kids but it was so much fun. We love you here in Cali. I feel so blessed to have you as a friend and be able to hang out and do stupid funny things together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete