January 31, 2011

I love me some SCALLOPS!

Sam and I loooooove scallops.  We had some of the best scallops at this Chinese restaurant awhile back and I wanted to try making it one day.  Well, we bought scallops the other day and I decided to give it a go.  I didn't follow any recipe and just winged it from what I remember eating.  Not to toot my own horn, but it was soooooo good!  I've decided to share my recipe... just because I am THAT cool!  :)

And yeah, I know that this being fried and drenched in butter isn't the healthiest thing to eat, but it surely will melt in your mouth!  If you don't want to eat it, just make it and I will eat it for you.  You are welcome.


Thyda's House Special Scallop Recipe (LOL)
  • Large Scallops (about 15 pieces)
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1.5 cup of vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Green Onions (2 tablespoons chopped)
  • OPTIONAL - 1 Jalapeno (sliced)
  1. In a small (deep) saucepan, heat up about 1.5 cup of vegetable oil
  2. Rinse and dry scallops
  3. Lightly coat scallops with flour (all over)
  4. Once oil is hot, slightly lower temperature to medium high
  5. Drop (gently) each scallop into hot oil and let cook for about 5 minutes (remove and drain on paper towel once done)
  6. In a separate pan, heat up about 2 tablespoons of butter
  7. Saute' chopped garlic until slightly golden
  8. Add sliced jalapenos into pan and continue to saute'
  9. Add scallops into pan with butter, garlic, and jalapeno
  10. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and continue to sautee
  11. Add chopped green onions (not for too long, don't overcook)
  12. Remove from heat and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment