January 24, 2008

Death.

As I told the girls earlier tonight, I'm really paranoid lately. There have been many incidents that get me wondering and add on to my paranoia, but during this past week, things have gotten worse.

My mom hates it when I try to talk to her about death or how things happen that you can't predict and we should all be prepared for it. There was one time when I kept telling her I love her and I wanted her to know that because we don't really know what just might happen to me or anyone else the very next day. Can't predict our future... not even our future within the next hour. Scary thought, but its all so true and such a given, isn't it? My boyfriend's the same way... he hates it when I try to talk about these things. I don't know what it is, but I think that its a very important topic to discuss. You know... prepare for the worst, but always hope for the best. I'm not emo or depressed or anything... but its just something that I've always thought about, but it seems that no one freakin' wants to talk to me about it or discuss it.

On Friday, I was running a bit late for work and left my house about 10 minutes later than I usually do. I was stuck in traffic... apparently, there had been a car accident about 10 minutes before the time I would be at the place of the accident. It was so bad, that 4 lanes on I-5 was blocked out... where traffic is already horrible as it is. Anyway... it took me nearly over an hour and a half to get to a place that would usually take me 10 minutes. My car even overheated! Finally, I passed the scene where a Jeep was hit by a school bus and another car was on the other side of the highway. I didn't know exactly what was going on, but it was obviously really bad... especially when airplanes and helicopters were flying directly above the scene in numerous circles. I didn't listen to the radio that morning... and was rather on the phone. I got to work and looked up the accident, and a 22 year old girl from Fife (city next door to where I live) was driving a Jeep and was hit by a compact car that merged her over into the carpool lane... where she was hit by a bus. She later died at Harborview Medical Center. Tragic... especially when there was nothing she could have done to prevent this. What makes me even more curious is that she had a childseat in her backseat. Did she have a child? That she didn't even get to say 'goodbye' to? :( And to think... the incident happened 10 minutes before I got to the scene and I was running about 10 minutes late. That could have easily been me in the accident... and I don't drive a bigger car like a Jeep.. and I always drive in the furthest left lane next to the Carpool lane. It sends me chills.

Later that evening, my sister, niece, and I drove by the Federal Way Transit Center where I sometimes catch a bus when I don't feel like driving. The whole area was blocked off and surrounded by cop cars, and ambulances were racing to the scene. Sirens filled Federal Way and I'd probably be right if I guessed that ALL of Federal Way's cops were at THAT scene. We couldn't figure out what was going on, but shortly after, I called Sam and asked him to look it up to see what was going on. What do you know? There was a shooting at the transit center where a lady later died. From what I've read and heard, the lady was an innocent bystander who had nothing to do with the dispute that led to the shooting.

With both incidents happening the same day and at places where I would likely be, its hard for me not to think much of it. I just feel that nothing and nowhere is safe... not the roads, and not even on the bus. I'm sure that both victims didn't see it coming nor was there a way for them to prepare for this... if there was, they would have avoided it. * sigh * I know its pretty depressing to hear or know about these things, but these type of things happen all the time... everywhere.

I'm not a pessimist and I try my best to have a positive outlook as much as I can... but fuck! Why can't everyone be given a chance to say their last words or allow loved ones to catch their last breaths? Its a cruel world... and a pretty unfair one at that.

Rest In Peace to all the Good People whom the world were so unfair to... rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment