March 5, 2009

Numb

I feel so numb right now. I just found out that my uncle is diagnosed with cancer.

I am really mad at myself for not visiting him some time last month with my parents. I figured I'd just see him at our next family gathering... which is right around the corner.

A couple of weeks ago, he was admitted into the E.R. and supposedly, they did not know what was wrong with him and omitted him that evening and set an appointment for him for March 15th. Appointment for what? I'm not sure... but thats what we were told.

This morning, he was admitted into the E.R. again and we were told that if we waited any longer, we could have lost him. What do they expect when they told us that he'd have to wait until March 15th? Now, they say that he is in his last stages.

He is a strong Man. He's my Dad's older Brother... but has the energy of any man in their twenties! I love him... and am praying for him. He's a strong Man and I love him so much for that.

Right now, I am just very upset at the doctors who did not look into this during his first visit weeks ago. A couple weeks can make a difference... I believe that. It would be nice to have known this during these last few weeks, you know? *sigh* I know that doctors aren't miracle workers, but I would think that they'd make more effort into trying to figure out what was wrong rather than sending a patient home with an appointment to see them again a month later. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment