December 28, 2009

Avatar Day... highly anticipated and so worth it!

Yesterday was one of those days that I truly enjoy. Just a nice day of relaxing and being in good company. The great food we had played a major role in it too, of course!

Sam had been making a really big deal over the movie Avatar. To be honest, I had NO idea what it was nor did I even want to bother with it. I actually suggested that he goes see it while I go see Precious because it is more my type of movie. He actually got pretty upset and was probably irritated by the idea that I didn't even want to give it a try. I heard good things about it, but I had no idea what it was about. All I really heard was that it was about blue people... and it was somewhat of a cartoon. I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi type films and almost always fall asleep in them. But fine... I'll give it a try!

I heard that tickets were sold out almost instantly, but we figured that it couldn't be THAT bad two weeks after it hit theatres. We planned on meeting up with the Lok's and the Long's around noon to purchase tickets for the 3pm show. Got a call from Durand at 10 something saying that those tickets are already sold out. WTF! We wanted to make sure we see it in 3D and on IMAX and we weren't going to settle for less. So... the next showing was at 7pm, and by 10, it was halfway sold already! Alright... no more risks... we got the tickets! We met up for some Korean BBQ at 12:30pm and I am proud to say that Sam and I were NOT the last ones there! YAY us!! The food was pretty good but I admit that I wasn't full to the point I had to readjust my belt like I usually do going to a Korean BBQ, but I was satisfied!! We had a few hours to kill afterwards, so they picked up some King Crabs in Santa Ana and brought it over for them to hang out in the sink while we planned on taking a nap on our comfy couch. I think all 6 of us were too excited to even fall asleep so time flew by and we left our place since 5pm! We got our Starbucks and waited in line without sitting down from then until 7pm because there was already a long line to get in the theatre by that time. People are crazy and love their movies, I guess! Anyway... I won't spoil the movie but all I can say is that it was a GREAT movie and I would have been so mad at myself if I really did miss it. A little longer than I had liked, but I barely noticed because I was so into the movie. You MUST see it in 3D... there is just no other way. The graphics and animation is just amazing and I can see why it took so long and cost so much money to make. Worth it though... especially since they already made their money back within the first couple of days, I heard. Amazing! Go see it... please!

I was worried that the crabs that were hanging out in our sink found their ways back to the ocean since it was only two blocks away. Luckily, they were still in the sink ready to be our dinner. I know it sounds cruel, but those suckers were tasty and Sam made a really good dipping sauce for it. OMG... I'm salivating at the thought of it! We killed almost all 6 of the huge crabs... I can't wait to have it again. Hopefully soon? Ended the night in food coma and ice cream. Had to save the brownies for another time. Too bad Sam had to work early this morning so everyone left around 12:30am. We should have partied longer! JK!

See... a nice and relaxing Sunday with good company. It doesn't get any better! :) Can't wait to have more relaxing and fun days like that again.

1 comment: