December 28, 2009

PRIME... all the TIME!

A few years ago, I participated in a Smashbox Model Search type competition online. It wasn't anything serious and honestly, I just wanted to win some free makeup after a photographer told me about the contest and prize and encouraged me to enter. Yes, I did remind people to vote for me (thanks, by the way) and I made it to the Top 50 nationally and won about $300 worth of makeup! YAY me!!

One of the products that I won was this:

Smashbox at ShopStyle


I fell in LOVE with it and it was the first time I had ever used a face primer and since then, I swear by face primers! They really do make a huge difference and they are great to wear alone!

After spending how much ever dollars at Sephora, I was rewarded with a sample.... and one of them was this:
Tarte at ShopStyle


Okay... I found a new love! The other day while I was at Sephora, I treated myself to a full bottle of this baby and am currently stroking my face as I type this! (You're welcome for the visuals... lol) I love the feel of it because its so silky feeling and absorbs so well!

Don't get me wrong... I love the Smashbox primer still, but I go through those things so quickly that it can get really expensive! Another thing that I don't like about both of these is the packaging. You usually can't use it to the last drop unless you are lucky enough to find it in a pressure type of pump (not the regular one, but the one that actually literally pushes the product out of there). Good luck with that!

Anyway, I highly recommend both of these, but if you are like me and want to save a few bucks, go with Tarte! They're both fabulous but I feel that the Smashbox one is lighter if you don't want anything too heavy. However, the Tarte one is extra smooth and silky feeling and the heavier side might be beneficial for those with rough/dry spots on your face (like me around my nose area).

Let me know what you think about them! Happy face priming!

No comments:

Post a Comment