December 17, 2009

Clear Space, Clear Mind

I never knew that it would make such a big difference in my life since I was always a messy and disorganized person. I refused to have a place for everything because that just made everything so bland and boring and there wasn't such a thrill in finding things when I needed them. I secretly get a rush whenever I am in a hurry and am on a mission to get something done. Its like this little game that I play with myself to see if I can actually complete the task. And if I beat the clock, then I am a winner in my eyes.

I have accepted that the little game that I played had caused me time, stress, and frustration. Time that I don't have, stress that I don't need, and frustration that nearly makes one of the vessels in my brain pop and pour straight out of my eyeballs. I know that sounded pretty graphic and dramatic, but thats how I imagine it and the thought of it haunts me nearly everyday because I feel like I am on the verge of reaching that state. Pray for me. It doesn't hurt to have all of my pens and pencils in one place. Having a jar for my loose change rather than all over the floor and in various pockets of my jeans and purses makes me feel richer than I really am. Not having to stress about the dishes in the sink or the overflowing laundry basket gives me a piece of mind and gives me time to stress about other things that are more deserving of my thoughts. I guess adding some organization and tidyness into my life isn't so bad afterall. I'd have to come up with new games that will somehow act as motivation. Like a child, everyday is a game to me and I wonder who would win. So far, it hasn't been 'game over' and like most other games, if I complete a task or accomplish something (no matter how small), there is more time added to my clock and I get a boost of energy and life. Whoever said that people who like to play games is silly.

Life is a game. Play it how you like to and don't give up... just make sure you enjoy every moment of it and don't forget to pause it for short potty breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment